It’s mid-July and for many, school’s have finished so some business owners and your contacts are on their way to enjoy summer holiday time.
Are you going away for a week, two, or have some long weekends planned?
How will you manage your inbox?
If you have a VA, then brilliant, they can totally manage your inbox for you.
Or maybe you’ll decide to check your emails at the start or end of each day? Giving you time to manage your inbox yourself but still get back to people in good time and keep the conversation going.
If you’d like to switch off and totally relax, will you set up your Out of Office? and if you do, …
What impression will your clients get when they receive your Out of Office email?
How can you help start or develop your relationships with your Out of Office?
Let’s get creative on how to use your Out of Office – it’s prime space!In your Out of Office email, as well as informing the recipient of the dates you are away and when you will check your emails again, see which one of these you can use to streamline your Out of Office response AND nurture your relationships.
* Put a link to one of your blog posts so people can still get value from you and learn more about your expertise.
* Do you have a newsletter people can sign up to? Put the link to your Sign Up page in the Out of Office message.
* Do you have an automated series of emails that the person can receive once they have signed up to join your list? Check it’s all working before you go away and then put the link to your email series into your Out of Office message.
Remember, you have to sell the link! So get creative and enticing with your copywriting so they click the link!
* Do you have an online calendar where people can book in a time to call you? A good system I use for an online calendar is with Acuity Scheduling.
You’re able to set specific dates and times in the Business Settings and people can book themselves in for a call, meeting or book onto a specific service – I use this for my Power Hours. With an easy set up you can have the booking form on your website page, all branded too. It’s great! Have a look here at mine.
As acuity says on their website, Acuity Scheduling is your online assistant,
working 24/7 to fill your schedule. All you have to do is show up at the right time!
For transparency, I’m not earning any money from this suggestion but I wanted to share it with you, because it works a treat!
and one more suggestion!
* Do you have an event coming up after your holidays? Yep, you guessed it! Put the link to your event page in your Out of Office automated response, so people can still book on and join you.
So, Your Action Point today is to see how you can use your Out of Office space wisely to help nurture your relationships.
I’d love to know how this helps you. Please email to tell me after your holidays!
Do you need some help with this or your current challenge? Let’s sort it out together.
Contact me today, and let’s talk. I’m here to help you and support you.
To your success and happiness,
Your Business Coach who loves to help you make it happen.
For more ways to make it happen, check out my new book! Called Make Your Mondays Matter, propelling your business to the next level. Available on Amazon here.